y’all try to find the tiniest reason to not support sj/feminism like “oh wow a troll blog once said eating chinese food is cultural appropriation haha sorry i guess i don’t support trans rights at all anymore”
“The reality is that fat people are often supported in hating their bodies, in starving themselves, in engaging in unsafe exercise, and in seeking out weight loss by any means necessary. A thin person who does these things is considered mentally ill. A fat person who does these things is redeemed by them. This is why our culture has no concept of a fat person who also has an eating disorder. If you’re fat, it’s not an eating disorder — it’s a lifestyle change.”—Lesley Kinzel (via mustangblood)
1. Don’t try to piss quietly. Nobody in a public restroom thinks you’re knitting in your stall. They came to piss, just like you. And if you have to take a dump, do it. Get over your fear of public toilets. It’ll make life a lot easier.
2. Masturbate. Masturbate a lot. Talk about it with your friends. You’ve got the right to make yourself feel good and brag about it just like all the boys with extra large kleenex packages on their desks.
3. If you want the large fries, get the large fries. Hunger and appetite are nothing to be ashamed of, just human. Don’t ever feel guilty for eating in front of others. You need to nourish your body to stay alive. We all do.
4. Laugh as loud as you have to, no matter if you snort or gasp or literally scream.
5. Fart when you have to.
6. Always remember you weren’t born to visually please others. Forget the phrase “what if they think it’s ugly”. If you think it’s lovely, it is lovely. You wanna wear it, wear it!
7. Speak your mind! You can learn to do so without insulting others or shoving your opinion down other people’s throats.
“In this context we must observe firstly that the Viking Age Scandinavians themselves were on the cusp of such a distinction - undoubtedly literate in the use of runic scripts, though to an uncertain extent, but with a bookless culture that did not employ written documentation and historical record- keeping. A crucial point here must be the realisation that the early medieval Scandinavians certainly knew about these things, and that they either rejected them outright or chose to replace them with something else. Perhaps they did not serve their needs, or they did not fit into their view of how things should be.”—
Don’t tell a young bisexual who just became open and comfortable with herself that she’s a closet lesbian. If you feel the need to, superglue is sold at most grocery stores and works wonders on keeping your fucking mouth shut.